Sunday, June 17, 2012

The People Who Shouldn’t Claim Father’s Day



I don’t intend to use this post to talk about my father or honestly any of the fathers I know. I'm bashing some (not all) single mothers for a bit and I’m definitely bashing deadbeat fathers so if that makes me a hater or “misinformed and wrong” because I don’t have kids of my own then so be it. Just call me a hater in the comments and move on with your life. I probably won’t remember what I wrote here 2 weeks from now anyway (In the meantime IDGAF if you watch this Maury clip or not. I didn’t watch and I only got it because I was too lazy to find a picture).

I have a problem with single mothers who claim Father’s Day as their own. I think it’s offensive that a woman who ended up with an ‘ain’t shit’ man wants to pat herself on the back for being a single parent (It’s called living with a bad choice. It’s not a prize, just something to deal with forever). It’s wrong because these are typically the same women who will whine if a single father even forms the idea in his head that he should get to celebrate Mother’s Day for being a single father. It’s petty and Mother’s Day is the bigger holiday of the two anyway (only because it’s much easier for corporate America to scam and shame people into thinking that you’re a bad kid/boyfriend/husband if you don’t buy shit for your mom or the mother of your child).

I also have a problem with men who act like they are allergic to condoms and scared of vasectomies because they can’t stop having sex and end up with a zillion kids they don’t want and never see (Athletes with money are not immune because kids are usually the lead factor to them ending up broke). It’s not a badge of honor, you don’t fucking win anything for managing to trick 30 pigeon-brained chicks into having sex with you and no you don’t deserve a cookie for taking your cavalry of kids to the playground once every summer. Fatherhood is about owning up to your responsibilities and until then don’t try to call yourself a dad or a man.

Women who keep men from seeing their children especially don’t deserve to claim Father’s Day. It is possible for a man to be a part of his child’s life without having a relationship with the mother. Stop showing your petty colors because kids will wise up to that eventually. Stop clogging the courts with dumb cases ( ::cough:: Allison Mathis ::cough:: ) and clear the way for people with real issues that need to be resolved. Just let the men see their kids and use that childless weekend to learn how to stop being a bitter ass pressed bitch.

Finally, I have no respect for men who see fit to only contribute to one aspect of their child’s lives. By that I mean the men who think that living with the mother is sufficient even though they do nothing to contribute to the household or try to raise their kids. I also have issues with dudes who think that sending a check through child support every month is all they need to do to claim a stake at being a father. It’s not being a father, it’s being a lazy ass man who happens to have a job and yes kids know that just because you might have acknowledged them still doesn’t make you a father.

So for the good fathers out there, Happy Father’s Day to you and for guys who don’t have kids yet I only ask that you don’t end up like these losers (I weep for Tennessee. Those guys probably account for 15% of the black population there)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.