Tuesday, June 12, 2012

10 Ratings Blurbs 6/12/12 Edition


10 thoughts for the week. At least I was able to write most of this up ahead of time.

1. Pretty Little Liars (2.932 million 1.1)- While this is a decent premiere I’m pretty sure this is a little below what ABC Family was expecting for it. This is a show that tends to decline and start growing over the last 2 episodes so it wouldn’t be fair to say that its best days are behind it but, it’s best days are also not coming in the near future either.

2. The Game (2.491 million 1.3)- January really feels like a long time ago and I still stand by my feelings that next season probably needs to be the last.

3. Let’s Stay Together (1.971 million 1.0)- Like all the other shows I talk about, I don’t watch this show so I have no idea what direction BET is going to take season 3 in. Because this is BET’s second highest rated show I think they need to start prepping for this show to take the reins from The Game.

4. 16 & Pregnant (1.040 million 0.6)- This had an ok season. Its ratings were down a little from last season but given how bad MTV is doing this spring you can’t call this season a failure. Hopefully the summer gives them something better with the return of Teen Mom.

5. The Glee Project (389,000 0.1)- Last season’s premiere also looked DOA but this is worse than last season’s premiere and it’s way off from last season’s finale. Because it’s just the premiere and Oxygen is struggling mightily it can’t be written off but it’s in serious danger already.

6. Basketball Wives 4 (2.218 million 1.2)- If you only count shows that started in 2012 then this is VH1’s highest rated show of the year. If you count shows that started in late 2011 and ended in 2012 then this show would be behind T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle (Season average: 2.303 million) and Love & Hip Hop 2 (Season average 2.701 million).

7. True Blood (5.201 million 2.9)- I can’t attest to how bad the quality of this show has gotten since I stopped watching after season 3 but a huge majority of the audience is still quite faithful.

8. Punk’d (909,000 0.3)-This fell a long way in 11 weeks and this show could go either way. I would be a little surprised if MTV makes a decision on this show anytime soon.

9. Tough Love: New Orleans (739,000 0.4)- It’s been about 3 weeks since this show has aired in its normal timeslot without some kind of interference from VH1 so it’s understandable how the momentum this show had is gone but I’m sure VH1 is a little surprised this did better than Mob Wives: Chicago.

10. Mob Wives: Chicago (672,000 0.3)- I didn’t expect this to do all too well this week because it’s technically a rerun and VH1 shows don’t repeat well. The real test begins next week when I will be able to see if this is truly a flop.


0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.