Monday, June 18, 2012
12:01 PM | Posted by Silverstar2154 | Edit Post
I wanted to do this review a few weeks ago but there were some issues with the site for a few weeks that prevented me from getting on there for a little bit. Everything seems to be fixed now so I’ll get this over with today.
What it is: MegaTypers is a site where users can earn money by typing short captchas (Those annoying little things sites put up when you’re trying to sign up for something and they want you to prove that you’re not a robot).
What you need to apply: All you need to apply for MegaTypers is an e-mail address and a Paypal account, a Liberty Reserve account or be to receive funds through Western Union (Choose wisely because you can’t change it after you pick it).
(Update 9/30/12: It appears that MegaTypers is having issues with PayPal so momentarily users will not be able to use it as a payment option. Instead users are encouraged to use Liberty Reserve until the PayPal issues are resolved).
(Update 10/26/12: The issues with PayPal have been resolved)
The rates in which MegaTypers pays its users fluctuate on an hourly scale (from .60/1000 images to 1.15/1000/images…this translates to roughly .001-.008 cents per captcha). The best times with the highest rates are in the afternoons (Between 2-8pm EST).
I will say that when I first started using this site the rates were a little bit higher but they were just recently lowered because of an influx of new users. The increase of new users is also responsible for a slower pace of captchas to type. You won’t have to wait 5 minutes to get a captcha to type but they don’t come in a steady stream anymore (It’s a little frustrating because too long of a break can ruin the flow).
Ways to get the payout faster: There are really only 2 ways to get the payout faster. The first way is to try to work when the rates are the highest. That way you get paid a little more for the same amount of work (and you can see how much you make after every captcha so you can see how it adds up).
The second way is through referrals but there is a catch with MegaTypers’ referral system. Though they promote that you will receive a 10% commission on every referral, you will only begin to get paid after you have 5 referrals who reach the minimum payout at least once (Every person needs an invitation code to sign up so while it may be a little simpler to get the referrals, you can’t control how people want to work so it requires patience).
Update 12/12/12: There are a few changes to the MegaTypers site that have occurred over the last few weeks and I feel it would be appropriate to make note of them.
- Increased workload- When I first started on the site the stream of captchas was fairly steady but nothing to write home about. Then there was a long stretch of time where it appeared as if there was very little work to do. Now it appears that the workload is stronger than ever and there are no longer any delays in waiting for captchas to load.
- Higher rates- At the time I wrote this post (June) the hourly rates were actually being decreased from where they were when I started. Now the rates have begun to increase again and now depending on the time of day you work (3-6pm EST is still the best time) the rates can range from .60/1000 captchas to $1.40/1000 captchas.
- New interface- MegaTypers has added a new interface (best used with Google Chrome) where users have to solve two captchas at once. I would recommend that only the fastest and most accurate typers try this system out because the captchas are still timed. The old system where users can only complete 1 captcha at a time is still fully operational.
- Changes to captcha solving time- Under the old system, users would have 15 seconds to complete a captcha. Now, MegaTypers has randomized their system so that users will now have anywhere from 7-15 seconds to complete a captcha. The rules of solving captchas under the time limit still applies.
Sign up to MegaTypers Here (Invitation code is 28SE)
- 2017 (16)
- 2016 (43)
- 2015 (53)
- 2014 (69)
- 2013 (100)
- Five For Friday 11
- June 2012 Cable Show Scorecard
- VH1 Ratings: 2004-2006
- 10 Ratings Blurbs 6/26/12 Edition
- Squidoo Review
- Five For Friday 10
- For Tomorrow and Beyond
- Back In The Day
- 10 Ratings Blurbs 6/19/12 Edition
- MegaTypers Review
- The People Who Shouldn’t Claim Father’s Day
- Five For Friday Part 9
- Showtime In the Shade
- 10 Ratings Blurbs 6/12/12 Edition
- StartUpLift Review
- 10 Cable Show Renewal Chances: June 2012
- Five For Friday Part 8
- 10 Things That Annoy Me About Internet Pictures
- What Is This?
- 10 Ratings Blurbs 6/5/12 Edition
- Textbroker Review
- My Time at the Grocery Store
- Five For Friday Part 7
Powered by Blogger.