Tuesday, July 31, 2012

10 Ratings Blurbs 7/31/12 Edition

I didn't put too much effort into this post primarily because I'm working on some other stuff (5 articles previewing the fall broadcast season). I hope to be able to finish them before the end of next week but whenever I do check my Triond widget in the sidebar too get to them once they start going up (In the meantime familiarize yourself with all the new pickups so you can remember what those shows are supposed to be about).

Now on to the ratings:

1. Mob Wives: Chicago (555,000 0.3)- These ratings are still bad but out of habit I’m saying something today so I’m not tempted to write anything else about this show before the finale in 3 weeks.

2. Big Ang (548,000 0.3)- This show’s numbers are slipping and now looks to be a flop as well. I’m sure VH1’s expectations had to be a little bit higher than this.

3. Real Housewives of Orange County (1.420 million 0.7)- Since this was basically a clip show the numbers don’t bother me. I always wonder why networks bother with these things as they almost always do more harm than good.

4. Mama Drama (Ep 2: 626,000 0.3; Ep 3: 721,000 0.4)- Given the day and time this show airs these ratings are really not bad. Still, all the signs point to this show being a burnoff so I’m not all that sure these numbers really matter. They do make VH1 look incredibly stupid in thinking that any of their Sunday shows could do better than this.

5. So You Think You Can Dance (5.12 million 1.7)- I haven’t paid too much attention to past ratings for this show but it seems like they were possibly much better than this. That’s not to say they are bad but it is firmly behind Hell’s Kitchen and Masterchef.

6. True Blood (4.596 milllion 2.6)- For some reason I get the feeling that all the buzz around this show is gone. It doesn’t mean it’s fallen off tremendously (Ratings-wise I mean. I hear the storyline is absolute trash this season) but it doesn’t seem to have that dominant glow like seasons 2-4 had.

7. Snooki & JWOWW (1.814 million 0.9)- There are some rumblings (nothing official I might add) that MTV might renew this. I can at least see why they might give it a shot as it’s not too far off from its premiere numbers.

8. Bad Girls Club: Mexico (1.545 million 0.7)- This is starting to come up but it is not yet where it needs to be. It’s early and there are a lot of episodes left to finish getting back on track.

9. Wilfred (1.276 million 0.6)- It looks like this show slid right back into familiar territory. These numbers may seem a little low but FX is not as choosy as people want to believe they are so I can’t say I’m all that concerned about this not coming back.

10. Real World: St. Thomas (1.159 million 0.6)- This show is off of the lows it experienced during episodes 2 and 3 but this is still shaping up to be one of if not the lowest rated Real World season ever. MTV better create some excitement for season 28.


0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.