Monday, July 2, 2012

ChaCha Review


When I first started my blog nearly 3 months ago it wasn’t my intention to review this site at all. To be honest this still doesn’t make my top 5 list of favorite sites but they have made a few important changes that does warrant writing a review for.

So indeed I’ve come to my last review and while I’m not going to say it’s my last review ever, I will say that it may be a while before I come across another site worthy of writing something about so thanks for reading these reviews and for some of you, kindly accept a little bonus at the end of this post.

What it is: ChaCha is a site where people submit questions usually by text messaging to be answered. ChaCha then employs a team of people and pays those people (what I will focus on most in this review) to answer those questions.

Who can join: Users have to be at least 18 years old, a US resident and be able to read and write in English to sign up for ChaCha (I will also say that it helps tremendously if you know how to decipher text-speak because the people submitting the questions are usually under the age of 18….think 12-16 to be more specific).

What you need to sign up: To sign up you will need an e-mail address, a home address (you will need this because part of signing up is to fill out a W-9 tax form), and either a bank account (optional) or a Paypal account (preferred).

Cost to sign up: There is no cost to sign up to ChaCha if you’re looking to get paid to answer questions (if you want to use the site to submit questions then you will have to pay your normal cell phone text rates).

How much you can make: ChaCha is a little different from other sites in that there is a catch to their minimum payout. There are 2 different minimum payout rates depending on the method in which you choose to get paid. The first way (which I absolutely do not recommend) is to opt to get paid through your bank account. The minimum for that is a whopping $150 dollars which is paid automatically every month if the minimum has been reached (your balance rolls over if you don’t reach this but seriously don’t go this way, either go through Paypal or find another site because it will take way too long to get here).

The Paypal minimum is a much less burdensome (but still equally perplexing and possibly frustrating) $1.01. The reason why I say the minimum is $1.01 is that ChaCha will deduct a $1.00 fee from every Paypal transaction so anything still in your account after you reach that $1.00 mark will be paid to you (and they pay instantly. The money will be in your Paypal less than 30 seconds after requesting it).

All users who sign up to ChaCha will begin working as guides. Guides are people who answer all the questions that come in to the ChaCha system (let me also add that you will have to take a test to be approved as a guide and you only get one opportunity to pass this test but they do give you time to study). Guides get paid .01 cents per every answered question (Each question is timed so you will have a little more than 2 ans a half minutes to answer and you do have the option not to answer a question but you will not get paid and it’s also not recommended to use that option too many times).

Ways to get the payout faster: There are other levels that guides can train for that pay a little more. That pay rates for those range from .02-.20 cents depending on what that level is but other than that the only way to make the payout faster is to just answer more questions. The questions do come in at a pretty steady pace and ChaCha does offer some incentives and contests to make a little more money from time to time (here’s a tip. Try not to use your primary email address to sign up for an account because they will bombard you with emails talking about how busy they are and if you turn off their email alerts like I did then you will get nothing from them including their newsletters and whatnot).

ChaCha also has contests and paid incentives for referring people but there is no true bonus to having referrals if you don’t win their contests.

Sign up to ChaCha here (I’m offering this as a non-referral link because I refuse to put my personal e-mail address here and that is what they ask for when you sign up)

Bonus

I promised a bonus and here it is. I’m also offering a non-referral link to another site called Slicethepie. I can’t give too many details about this site because I don’t have an account on it but I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Basically Slicethepie is a place where people can get paid a little bit of money to listen and offer useful feedback to songs (I've heard maybe .10 cents per song but not 100% sure on that). Most of the songs are from independent artists but sometimes there are songs by mainstream artists sprinkled in as well. I do know that little 2-3 word responses and generic responses are frowned upon as these artists are looking for honest critiques (good and bad) for their songs so if that’s something of interest to you then take a look at the site here.


0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.