Friday, July 20, 2012

Five For Friday 14


As you can probably tell I'm a little bit ornery this week but quite frankly I do not care.

1. If you ever get the chance to watch any kid show new or old realize that there is a ton of shade being thrown in damn near all of them (I suppose that is a part of the job description and if so…touché).

2. Ok so I don’t watch Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta and I have no intention to start but because I live at Bourgy I have an idea of what the show is about and for all these people impressed or shocked at the “fuckery” I implore you to come to Chicago on a Friday afternoon/evening in the summer and ride the 79th Street bus all the way through. That will supply you with enough ratchet drama for 12 lifetimes (then at the end of the line going west you can get off and walk through Ford City where you will then discover that the saying “Jesus Take The Wheel” was probably invented based on all the things you see in that mall).

3. This summer seems to be dragging on forever. Can it please skip to September already?

4. Why is it that as a kid you don’t know the true nature of the adults in your family but like the minute you turn 18 all bets are off and they show themselves as they really are and never ever go back to the way they used to be? (I think that is lost on the parents of my generation though. They don’t bother to hide all their foolery now).

5. I must wonder aloud what the hell the Bulls are doing this free agency period? These mf’s are really trying to go back to the way they were 3-4 seasons ago which is suck until January and then attempt to make a playoff run knowing that if they do get a berth it will be a 1st round exit (Ugh….these fools sat on their hands for 3 weeks and did nothing but release or trade the whole bench and now there’s like nobody out there that they can get...cheap ass hoes).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you on the adults in your life. I used to think my aunt was so cool then got older and realized her ass was usually high all of the time so she let us do whatever the hell we wanted to!

As for the end of summer, yes please make it go away! We are heating the crazy hot weather again this weekend and up coming week but knowing the Bay Area it won't last for long and we'll be right back to the gray days filled with drizzle. And then like typical Northern California weather, as soon as school starts back we get our "Indian Summer" where it stays hot for weeks in a row which always sucked because of course as a kid you got all these nice new sweaters and long pants for back to school and couldn't wear them but because of school dress codes can't wear shorts to school either!

I don't watch Love and Hip Hop either. If I want to see ghetto finery I can walk a couple of blocks to San Pablo ave here in Oakland and watch these fools in their natural habitat. And I have an odd question: when did the prostitues get so damn ugly?! Growing up in teh 70's and 80's the chicks on the stroll took the time to have their wigs styled, nice clean yet short, tight and revealing clothes, heels or boots on and I assume they were cleaner ( I could be wrong, never got too close to them). And they took the time to apply makeup (which is the main reason I hate to see Black women in light blue eyeshadow because it reminds me of the whores) But now these creatures look like they just crawled out of the gutter, they sometimes walk around with no shoes on and damn you can smell them a block away! Crack is a hell of a drug!

Silverstar2154 said...

I don't know when but I have that same question towards strippers too. Like why all of a sudden do they look trashy and homeless...until you realize they have Twitter and it's their dream to end up on World Star Hip Hop. So yea I wonder when people just stopped trying and when did it become acceptable to stop trying.

This summer is unreasonably hot and we have years where sometimes October 10th = start of winter and other years where it doesn't get cold until 3 weeks after Christmas (last year was the latter). Still they put all the coats and sweaters out like you're going to need them in September and they are still new in the package by Thanksgiving

Kenri said...

I've seen some crazy shit on the train in Harlem though never literally shit. Dude did once piss on the train once. Kids were freaking out.

Silverstar2154 said...

LOL that is terrible. Usually the homeless guys here pee on the train overnight when nobody is around to see or throw them off the train...but the smell is there in the morning.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.