Tuesday, July 10, 2012

10 Ratings Blurbs 7-10-12 Edition


I seriously doubt I'll remember anything I wrote here today but still I'm confident that if I come back and read this in 3 months I'll still agree with most of what I said.

1. Bad Girls Club: Mexico (1.347 million 0.6)- Well now. I knew this was a pretty weak premiere but look at old numbers I see this is the lowest rated premiere since season 4. It’s really nothing to worry about right now but it better start showing some kind of improvement by episode 6 at least.

2. Big Ang (670,000 0.4)- This is just 2,000 viewers below the premiere of Mob Wives: Chicago (and we all know the path that show is on) so this here really isn’t good. It doesn’t scream out that it needs to be canceled right away but it does need to be separated from Mob Wives: Chicago if VH1 really has a desire to save this show (or at the very least save face from all the promotion they have done…seriously murals and promo spots on talk radio stations cost money).

3. America’s Got Talent (9.32 million 2.3)- This show is good for another summer season so there’s nothing more to talk about on that front but with the Olympics coming up and NBC preparing an August launch for their fall shows, the scheduling of this show could start to get crazier in the next couple of weeks.

4. Bunheads (1.439 million 0.6)- So this show did manage to make the recovery I talked about so that’s a good sign. I do think ABC Family needs to pair this show with something else (though Switched at Birth seems to be the only real option because nothing at all works behind Pretty Little Liars) should they order more episodes.

5. Anger Management (3.370 million 1.3)- This is down big from the first week but I’m not sure how many people really thought it would have stayed above 5 million viewers either. Still this is very good for FX so they will take it.

6. Hell’s Kitchen (Tuesday, 5.07 million 2.0; Monday: 6.01 million 2.5)- For some reason the Monday episodes always seem to do substantially better than the Tuesday episodes but FOX doesn’t really give a shit because 2 days in the summer where they are guaranteed a 2.0 in the demo is a win for them (Mondays especially where 2.0 in the fall/winter/spring seems impossible for them).

7. Masterchef (Tuesday: 5.14 million 2.0; Monday 5.92 million 2.5)- I get confused keeping up with all these Gordon Ramsay shows because it seems like he has a million of them and none of them ever seem to fail.

8. Real World: St Thomas (863,000 0.5)- This really may just be a result of MTV airing this episode on the 4th of July as opposed to skipping this week like most other networks did. It should rebound tomorrow but if it doesn’t then it will be bad news.

9. Teen Wolf (1.719 million 0.7)- All I can say about this show is that it is ridiculously stable. It has yet to have one particularly good week but it also hasn’t had one bad week either so it looks more like season 3 will be a lock for this.

10. Keeping Up With the Kardashians (Sunday: 2.524 million 1.4; Monday: 2.591 million 1.3 )- It’s been a couple weeks since I said anything about this and it looks like it’s beginning to recover from its early season stumble so E! doesn’t have to go into panic mode but it proves time and time again that it is impossible to launch a new show behind this. (Mrs. Eastwood & Company got 1.060 million viewers on Sunday and that isn’t really growing when it’s really living on the low end of what E! might renew behind a Kardashian show. Opening Act fared even worse only attracting 627,000 viewers so the Kardashian special episode last night didn’t help at all and that is definitely in cancel territory).

I don't know why I haven't done this sooner but I suppose now it's appropriate so starting this week I'll link my regular full ratings list at Bourgy so you can see all the shows I post.

2 comments:

FOL said...

Yeah I think Teen Wolf can't get bigger, although it's no want for trying and it has been renewed.
And Keeping up with the Kardashians should be cancelled. Is it even growing? And how much are they paid for that show because it's like 12 people. That's more people than half the episodes in an I Love Series

Silverstar2154 said...

Kardashians aren't going to get bigger. They have pulled all the stunts they can pull and I don't know how much they are getting paid individually but E! renegotiated a contract to give the family (plus Lamar and Scott but not Kanye) 40 million dollars for 3 more seasons (not including the one on now) of the main show (plus the option for new spinoffs).

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.