Saturday, April 14, 2012

What’s So Good About Facebook?



I find I ask myself this question at least once a day now. I’m a Facebook holdout. I’ve never had a page and when I see other people using it I wonder how they understand it because it might as well be set up in a different language. I like to be able to lurk on things and it doesn’t look like I can lurk on Facebook. So I ask, what’s so good about it?


When I look at all the websites I go to I find the most annoying thing about them is that if you don’t have a Facebook page then you’re automatically blocked from certain areas. I also think Facebook is pointless if you’re like me and you know there is not one person from your past (distant relatives, childhood friends, old coworkers or people you went to school with) that you care to communicate with. Personally I’m not very fond of the idea of people I used to know wanting to know what I’m up to and I don’t honestly care what people whose faces and names mostly escape me are doing either.

I have a Twitter page (One day I may link it here if I feel like it). I lurk on it every day so I can go days or weeks without writing one tweet and it doesn’t bother me at all. I don’t post pictures on it, I really don’t care to look at anyone else’s pictures either (I should write another rant about why Instagram pictures suck but I won’t). I don’t have very many followers and I don’t follow too many people either but that’s ok. I haven’t gotten annoyed with Twitter yet and it’s perfect for anti-social people like myself.

I don’t get that kind of environment from Facebook so if anyone can please tell me what’s so good about it I would appreciate it and maybe possibly consider creating a page for this blog. Until then I will continue to think Facebook blows and everyone on there are posers, narcissists, spammers, scammers, fools, thirsty, mentally deficient or are Negative Z-List (meaning a status below Z-List) celebrities.

2 comments:

Joann said...

I can't tell you what's good about FB because I don't have one basically for the same reasons you listed. I don't have Twitter either.

I have no need or desire to put everything I do at every waking hour out in the open for people who I know or don't know to read and/or discuss. I think if I was a movie star I still wouldn't have FB or Twitter. lol.

Silverstar2154 said...

There is no reason why people need to know everything I'm doing all the time. Your life starts to become a sham when you get caught up in doing stuff so you can put it on the internet.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.