Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Things I See at Walmart


Just to make things perfectly clear I am not a fan of Walmart and I’m pretty sure I never will be a fan of Walmart (Target >>>>>>> Walmart). Walmart’s greatness is exaggerated and to this day I’m still not quite sure why people love it so much.

The biggest thing I notice about Walmart is that when a new one opens people treat it as if it’s the second coming of Jesus. They think it’s the greatest thing to have ever happened in their lives and they want to dress up like they got invited to go to the Oscars (I don’t know, maybe to the colorblind blue carpet = red carpet).

When I step foot inside Walmart I see they try to influence you by putting snacks not even 5 feet after you get inside the store hoping you think it’s cheap (It’s really $1 off that giant bag of Cheetos). They also changed the store around so that I’m urged to walk right towards their grocery section.

What most people don’t realize is that their food section sucks ass. There really is no good reason why anyone should spend $9 on 6 chicken thighs. The meat in general is high as hell but something about the fake ambiance of Wal-Mart makes people think they are really saving some money (I think it’s because they don’t shine bright lights on any of the meat and instead shine it over the bread). So yes I see people loading up like it’s the first time they have ever purchased food.

The next place I end up gravitating towards is the electronics. I may be the only one but all the TV’s on the wall are never right. The colors are always dull and the one next to it looks crappier than the one before it yet the prices keep going up. There are always people in line trying to get the girls at the register to ring up things for them while running back and forth to find more things to ring up (only to decide they are going to put half of that shit back because the total is over $400).

The employees not at the register are trying their damn hardest not to get stuck doing any work even as they stare at people’s bad ass kids running through the store and knocking all the clothes off the racks. I’m also aware that Walmart has a home and garden section but to this day I don’t know what it looks like because I get sick of the store before wandering over there so for all I care it could be a black hole of no return.

In short, Walmart sucks and I hope not to go back anytime soon.



0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.