Friday, April 6, 2012

20 Non-Educational Things I Learned From Middle School


Middle school. There's not much more I can say about it other than what I've already written.




1.In the undeveloped teenage mind, missing school for more than 4 days means you must be dead or something

2. The only thing worse than being the fat kid in gym class is being the skinny kid in gym class

3. Middle school buildings almost always look better than high school buildings. Why?

4. I’m fairly certain that every person who wanted to be a politician made their minds up during middle school

5. If there’s a field trip that day and you have no money to spend then the trip isn’t really worth going on

6. Do they even hire school nurses for middle school? I don’t recall having ever seen one walking around

7. I realized school was no longer about learning, only about how much useless crap I could remember before the next test

8. If you don’t talk people assume you must be crazy and you can beat them up

9. If you have no idea why some musicians still sell music look no further than kids in middle school because they take that stuff seriously and it’s both scary and discouraging

10. It’s still not a good idea to make EVERY student read aloud in class

11. Middle schoolers really have no reason being superficial when they have no money of their own. It’s not possible to be a baller with 25 dollars and a new outfit someone got them for their birthday

12. Professing temporary love to a popular teen male celebrity means you’re either going to grow up to be a repressed lesbian or a stalker (I am glad I never did this)

13. I don’t know why schools want kids to care about leaving nicer stuff than what they had to all the kids coming behind them (Our books didn’t have covers to them but they wanted us to draw a playground that they weren’t going to build until the next year. What part of the game is that?)

14. 8th graders were horrible before I got to 8th grade, when I was in 8th grade and they are still horrible now

15. When you’re here high school freshmen look like they transform overnight to you

16. Middle school teachers try so hard to scare you about high school being hard but do nothing to warn you about why it will be hell

17. I was pretty damn sure all the teachers I had were basically just there waiting for the day they could retire, get tenure, or finish their Doctoral Thesis so they could be professors

18. Is it really necessary for 8th graders to have a luncheon? Nothing says classy like polyester spandex, suits from Burlington Coat Factory, and Hawaiian Punch ( ::facepalm:: )

19. 5 paragraph essays would have probably been the death of me if I didn’t know how to spell or write complete sentences (You’re either going to get a good intro and a garbage conclusion or a garbage intro and a good conclusion. Getting both is not possible from me)

20. People who come to 8th grade graduations acting like that’s the last graduation their kid will have need to be slapped. No 8th grader needs Gators and a limo for that

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.