Saturday, April 7, 2012

20 Non-Educational Things I Learned From High School


I don't miss high school and I don't think I will ever miss high school. After reading this you might understand why.




1. High school is basically prison except you go home every day but even then I don’t remember too much about going home so again, prison (They try to keep you there for everything)

2. Having to be at school at 7am is NOT natural

3. It’s very easy to tell what all the different cliques are when you’re not in one

4. Schools should really let students decide to go to pep rallies because not everyone wants to go to them (Why should I fake root for a team with an 0-9 record?)

5. The teachers I had stopped caring about hiding their personal lives. If they got a text or a phone call they were going to answer it. If they sued the school, won, took a year and a half off in the middle of the school year and came back to flaunt the ugliest car ever it was their business to make sure we knew

6. Apparently stuff posted on the internet is the gospel in high school so if you’re not on the internet then people think you’re a robot or undercover CIA agent (Or they were one of those people who decided in middle school that they were going into politics)

7. High schoolers invent their own slang for curse and sex words. However because I went to high school before Twitter got hot these words never changed so 4, 5, 6 or whatever years later these words are still around because kids in high school now are lazy

8. Every fight between girls was either about something said on the internet or over a dude. Every fight between guys never happened in school

9. High school tries to get people to pay for everything and yet all of their activities look like they went to get the full discount on everything (This is why Dollar Tree is still in business)

10. All those colleges wondering why students have low ACT/SAT scores should look no further than the school. Blame them for attempting to tell people what’s on the test 3 months before taking it when they had 3 years to do it

11. I learned how to give good side-eyes and throw shade. Since nobody will had a good comeback for it I kept my tolerance for bullshit as low as possible

12. School administrators served no purpose other than to be assholes in preparation for the mega assholes you encounter in college

13. It’s not all that necessary to have 4 years of high school. Sophomore year can be done without

14. I had like superhero strength back in high school, now I look back and I’m pretty sure it was because I was a zombie (High School robs you of your soul and if you get a piece of it back after graduation then you're lucky)

15. I don’t regret skipping school dances or prom. I am happy I didn’t spend my money to look like a bag of Skittles around girls I didn’t like only to end up on the internet under those ratchet prom memes

16. I have never seen the show 16 & Pregnant but I have seen girls have 3 kids before the age of 16 and nobody should give them a paycheck for it because it’s damn tragic

17. When I was a senior I thought the freshmen look like babies and they were 100x worse than my freshman class was

18. 95% of relationships last 2 weeks tops so don’t date in high school

19. All the people who said high school would be the best days of my life lied (I demand reparations for that. Cash is preferred)

20. Graduation day was the best day ever because I knew I would never see those idiot douchebags again (Graduating high school is like winning that last segment of Wheel of Fortune. You don’t know what you won but it doesn’t matter because you won)


0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.