Friday, April 20, 2012

Random Thoughts: Five for Friday


It’s Friday and I’m not really keen on too many things today. After a long week of foolishness 5 things bother me immensely.


1. I weep for this generation when people sit outside in rain and 40 degree weather to meet the Kardashians. Words cannot describe how disturbed I am from all the wrong in this (News story here).

2. What is it about cloudy days that stop me from getting any actual work done? I don’t even have to step foot outside and still nothing gets done (Oh well. There’s always this post).

3. I am tired of seeing Think Like a Man promos. I have no desire or intention to see this movie, Kevin Hart is not funny and I wish people would wake up and realize that black movies have the same 4 plots (As a black woman this is disappointing and annoying hence the reason why I haven’t been to a movie theater in 10 years with no intention of going back anytime soon).

4. If you were wondering what those 4 plots were they are; 1) dysfunctional Christian family coming together for a wedding/funeral/family reunion and hilarity ensues. 2) A day (or days) in the life of 2-5 stoner friends in the hood who may or may not be employed...and hilarity ensues. 3) 30+ “attractive and successful” singles can’t find love so they play dumbass courting games with each other and someone might get engaged/married by the end of the movie. 4) People losing at life in every way possible, but somehow stay resilient and the end result is either more losing or the main character becomes a celebrity.

5. There are too many divas in sports ::coughDwightHowardcough:: and as far as I’m concerned none of those guys need to ever question why people think they are acting like a bunch of spoiled queens.

2 comments:

Skonka said...

Dwight Howard and Royce Reed deserve each other.

Silverstar2154 said...

At this point I agree. He is a megabitch and she is an attention whore so I think they just still go to court now to see each other. Really they should get back together, Dwight should go to Toronto or Minnesota and both can go away.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.