Thursday, April 5, 2012

20 Non-Educational Things I Learned From Elementary School


Here’s part 2 of my list and probably the easiest one to write.


1. Broken crayons were horrible and they didn’t color right.

2. Because of that I brought all my school supplies to school so I wouldn’t have to share
 
3. Teachers needed more School House Rock

4. If you can avoid it never eat school lunches (Never in my life have I seen a pizza that was burned and still frozen)

5. As a left-handed person I did not appreciate those dull left-handed scissors

6. Not having naptime anymore was awful

7. Picture day is horrible and all those picture sets are a ripoff (Why don’t people photoshop those pictures?)

8. 1:15pm on a Friday afternoon means no learning was to be done after that point because my brain was in shutdown mode

9. Soft lead pencils >>>>> Hard lead pencils (Was it me or did some of those pencils smell like bacon when you sharpened them?)

10.Every kid needs to have multiplication pencils


11. Field trips were lame until I got back to school and wondered why the hell we couldn’t have one every week

12. I was not the only one who liked getting copies from those old school copy machines (Yes I liked smelling the ink when it was fresh. Don’t judge me)

13. Asking me what I did over spring, summer, Christmas break is pointless because the answer was always nothing.

14. All the math I needed to learn happened at or before 4th grade. (When they started adding letters and symbols and words it was all over for me)

15. In suburban public school I was considered to be a gifted art student. In city public school there was no art class (All that wasted potential)

16. I was never going to sell enough candy/cookies to get any of the good prizes so I stopped caring after 3rd grade (Where does that money even go? It’s like the mythical church fund)

17. Snowsuits are the only thing ever invented that is 100% childproof because there’s no chance of getting in and out of those things by yourself

18. I hated how teachers would send me home with a long list of school supplies and we never used half of that stuff until at least January

19. Gym is not making kids choose between basketball and jumping rope. Lazy ass teachers. (BTW I couldn’t jump rope and I didn’t run very fast so I just shot free throws and 3 pointers for 45 minutes)

20. I hated how at the end of the school year I would find stuff in my desk that I’ve been looking for at least 3 months

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Teachers needed more School House Rock"
I am with you 100% on that! If it wasn't for school house rock I never would have learned the Preamble and whose great idea is it that kids need to learn that anyway?!

Silverstar2154 said...

Without School House Rock I still wouldn't know the difference between an adjective and an adverb.

That and because the Verb one was cool because it had black people in it not acting a damn fool.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.