Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stuff About TV, Ratings and Football


The NFL Draft is tonight and I won't be watching because I refuse to sit through looking at ugly dudes in cheap suits, ESPN analysts stanning and Giants and Jets fans booing for 3 straight hours only to see the Bears pick a guy they don't need and will cut come September. I will say that Detroit Lions fans need to get all the support they can get because the Madden Curse is real.

This post however really isn't about football. It's more about how I've been working my ass off for the last month and how I didn't need to force myself to write a new post when I have 8 9 (because I wrote one today) that I never shared.

Instead of posting all 9 of these articles one at a time (pointless because 6 of them are related) I've decided to be a lazy ass and link them all here. There's a reason for them being on the sites they are on and yes they do involve making money but that's a post for another day. If you care to read them I don't care which link you choose to read but it's absolutely not necessary to click both links for each article because it's the same article word-for-word consciously posted on 2 different sites (Except one because I never got around to reposting it and I don't think I will until August or something). It's my hope that I'll probably make a post for these as I write them.


How Do I Know If My Favorite Show Is Canceled? [Telewatcher] [Experts Column]

Why Is My Favorite Show Always On Break? [Telewatcher] [Experts Column]

Football 101: A Guide to Understanding American Football [Sportales]

Dancing With the Stars vs. The Voice: Who Actually Won? [Telewatcher] [Experts Column]

Dancing With the Stars vs. The Voice: Week of March 26th 2012 [Telewatcher] [Experts Column]

Dancing With the Stars vs. The Voice: Week of April 2nd 2012 [Telewatcher] [Experts Column]

Dancing With the Stars vs. The Voice: Week of April 9th 2012 [Telewatcher] [Experts Column]

Dancing With the Stars vs. The Voice: Week of April 16th 2012 [Telewatcher] [Experts Column]

Dancing With the Stars vs. The Voice: Week of April 23rd 2012 [Telewatcher] [Experts Column]




2 comments:

Joann said...

The article on "how to know if your favorite show has been canceled" was really interesting. Instead of getting mad when some show I like is suddenly yanked and comes back 2 months later I will know it's going to be canceled pretty soon and I may not see the ending of it. Like they did with "V". Not happy about that but at least I'll be prepared next time.

Silverstar2154 said...

The first season of V was weird in that the plan from the beginning was to only air 4 episodes and go on a long break. That was because ABC premiered the show at the beginning of November which is a terrible time to premiere a show because after Thanksgiving most shows go on winter break until after the New Year.

V's ratings were very good those first 4 episodes and that long awkward break pretty much killed it but they gave it a second season anyway because the ratings at the end of the first season weren't awful and ABC needed something to renew because all of their other freshman shows that year had failed miserably.

If V had premiered in September or October and got pulled after 4 episodes then that would have definitely been a ratings related decision. Networks are way less patient about failing shows in September or October than they are in March or April (why so many shows on now that would have gotten canceled in September with their current ratings are still on now).

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.