Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January: The Worst Month of the Year


Perhaps some of us have seen that article that manages to circulate around the internet every year where it says that people are most depressed on January 24th and the reason is usually attributed to the stress of holiday bills and whatnot (whose fault is that though? Did everyone in the family really need a new Samsung Galaxy S III? Exactly. You cry over your new $250 phone bill while I’ve already given away the useless crap I got for Christmas and didn’t want because I already made it clear that Christmas sucks). Maybe there’s truth to it. Who can blame people for being depressed when humanity appears to sink to lower and lower levels every single day?

Today I’m not here to rail again how stupid that sounds. To be honest I think January sucks. Actually it’s worse than that even. January is the worst month of the year. The whole entire month is just one big clusterfuck of losing and disappointment and frustration. You have to deal with people who are so adamant on sticking to their “resolutions” that now they have become total douchebags and it feels like it will be an eternity before they give up. It still gets dark at 5pm. It’s cold as all hell and people expect you to turn over a new leaf too when really the stress of life has you ready to tell all of those people to go kick rocks and shove their new attitudes down their throats by the 8th (I’m not a violent person but a lot of times I think some people need punching and this is the month where I have thoughts like these every single day. This is also why I write because it's what keeps me from punching people).

January hasn’t been too kind to me…ever. To avoid digging into personal crap let’s just say that 90% of the bad things you can think of happening out in this world that don’t involve death or gratuitous violence have happened to me on this month and a lot of it while I was still a kid so that’s why I have my own personal beef with January. I doubt I’ll ever make peace with January so it will probably keep attempting to kick my ass and for that I’ll probably keep spending all but 4-6 days of the month moping in bed and refusing to leave the house lest I run into people that I had a choice not to deal with.

So after the abomination that is January is over does February get better? As an eternal pessimist I say it's highly unlikely. February has its own special way of sucking too just not as much as January.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.