Tuesday, December 18, 2012

10 Ratings Blurbs 12/18/12 Edition


I may put one more of these up next week but the week after that I'm sure I won't even have 5 or 6 shows on the list so I'll probably just skip that week. I will try to post other things over the next 2 weeks so things don't seem so dead around here. [Full List Here]

1. VH1 Divas 2012 (791,000 0.4)- I had a feeling this would flop only because I never heard of half of the people they booked. What I do know is this is lower than last year (1.3 million) but up from 2 years ago (590,000).

2. Dexter (2.749 million 1.4)- Showtime says that this is a series high and a network high for them. I suppose this would be the show to set that record for them and it’s pretty good considering that this was the end of the 7th season. Now all that’s left to do is make that announcement on whether season 8 will truly be the last (but they have a whole year to do that).

3. Love & Hip Hop Atlanta: Dirty Little Secrets (1.220 million 0.7)-This was a tiny bit lower than what I was expecting this to get but not that much. I don’t think VH1 is particularly displeased with how this did. I think they are (and quite honestly should be) more disappointed with how the Divas special performed after this.

4. The Vampire Diaries (2.81 million 1.3)- Not much has really needed to be said about the show. Although the show has lagged behind Arrow in total viewers just about every week this season it is still The CW’s #1 show in the demo and that’s what’s most important.

5. Homeland (2.285 million 0.9)- Maybe this could have seen a little bit more of a finale bump but this is still far from disappointing since this season has firmly established the series as Showtime’s #2 show.

6. Basketball Wives LA (1.897 million 1.0)- Just like last season I know there are going to be people surprised to see this show come back for another season. At least if you’re reading this then I gave you fair warning. It’s coming back for another season and we all just have to deal with that tragic reality.

7. Tiny Tonight (1.286 million 0.7)- I hope VH1 doesn’t see this and think this needs to be a whole talk show. The numbers say it doesn’t deserve it and if it couldn’t do better than this on Mondays then just imagine how much worse it will fare on any other night.

8. Arrow (3.11 million 1.0)- If there were 3 tests that this show needed to prove its strength as a series then it has already passed 2 of them (1. Not flopping and 2. Keeping up with The Vampire Diaries). Now all The CW has to do is just cross their fingers and hope like hell that the winter and spring aren’t brutal to them and this show.

9. T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle (1.710 million 0.9)- After 17 episodes I honestly don’t care about this show’s ratings anymore. This show needs to be off for a very long time since VH1 insists on extending the orders for this show at will.

10. Marrying The Game (1.546 million)- While the show I just wrote about had 17 episodes, this show got a measly 6. Normally I would say that isn’t enough but not here. 6 episodes will suffice and I think it will be a while before VH1 makes a call on this one.

Bonus: Real Housewives of Atlanta (3.605 million 1.9)- Yeah I used a picture for this so it has to go on the list. I hear these ratings were high because it was a “fight” episode. That explains a lot (remember I watch none of the shows I write about so my comments are based off ratings or stuff I hear about them. I have no real desire to watch these shows).

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.