Tuesday, December 11, 2012

10 Ratings Blurbs 12/11/12 Edition


I am starting to get bored with these ratings again but I'm pretty sure it's because I'm well aware that things are slowing down. [Full List Here]

1. Sons of Anarchy (4.655 million 2.4)- Yeah this is good and I don’t think anyone expected any less from this show. Too bad after all this time I still have no tangible idea of what this show is even about (I know that’s bad).

2. Elementary (10.31 million 2.1)- I’ll just say this outright…for a new CBS show that demo really sucks. I know CBS wants to make this show happen and I suppose nobody will truly know until February (though I’m thinking this could be one of the lowest rated post-Super Bowl shows ever).

3. Jersey Shore (2.228 million 1.3)- This poor poor show….not. But honestly this is why reality shows really shouldn’t live beyond 3 seasons because then it begins to die a agonizingly slow and painful death and the satisfaction of seeing it crumble is long gone.

4. Basketball Wives LA (Finale: 1.775 million 1.0; Reunion Part 1: 2.209 million 1.2)- I forgot Christmas Eve was in 2 weeks. This is the reason for the doubled up episodes. However all of this could have been avoided if VH1 would have kept the season at 12 in-season episodes and the 2 part reunion instead of 14 episodes and the 2 part reunion (Some of these shows have had huge orders this year. Mob Wives had 19 total episodes, this is ending with 16, Basketball Wives Miami had 17 episodes, Family Hustle had 14 episodes for season 1 and 16 for season 2 so far with at least 1 more on the schedule).

5. Chicago Fire (7.21 million 1.9)- I know this is considered to be a good showing for this show but for the life of me I can’t remember why except that it may not have had competition from CBS on Wednesday (Headaches are terrible things).

6. Scandal (7.39 million 2.5)- This is a series high only because ABC hyped the hell out of this. Also, Shonda Rhimes produced shows always have the gift of creating buzz for special episodes and getting people to watch that particular episode and the one after it to see what the fallout of the event was. After that, the audience seems to fall right back where it was before the special episode.

7. American Horror Story (2.363 million 1.4)- This show seemed to have so much hype last year. I guess it seems like it’s all gone. The good thing is that hype doesn’t make or break a show, ratings do and these are still alright so there’s nothing to see here.

8. The New Normal (4.55 million 1.7)- There are a lot of people who want this show to fail. Personally I don’t care if it does because it’s on NBC and I laugh at their collective struggle. Anyway after next week, The Voice will be gone for 3 months and this has to stand on its own. Right now there are a boatload of comedies that have worse ratings in front of it but if none of them fall further and this does it will be right there with the rest of them fighting for a spot.

9. Real Housewives of Miami (952,000 0.4)- I pick on this show. Perhaps it’s somewhat irrational and part of it stems from my long-running desire of wanting all of these ‘wives’ shows to finally die but I don’t care. This show is down and I’m right there kicking it because there is no reason why this deserves to come back for a season 3.

10. Beauty and the Beast (1.41 million 0.5)- So The CW decided that they are going to keep this behind The Vampire Diaries for the whole season. Things don’t look good already and with Emily Owens M.D. already canceled and Gossip Girl on its way out, there aren’t too many other shows in front of it ready to be shown the door. Now it has to hope that The Carrie Diaries and Cult are flops because even just one show getting better ratings than this puts this show in danger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back in the late 80's the renamed NBC "Needed Bill Cosby" Because without The Cosby Show that channel had nothing to offer.

You know I'm a RHOA fan but I haven't had the urge to watch The New Normal. Haven't seen Glee either so does that make me not a Nene Leakes fan? :)

Silverstar2154 said...

You can be a fan of a show and not care for someone on it and they might as well rename NBC to TVN (The Voice Network) because right now they are nothing without that show. Football and that are about to end in a couple of weeks and their ratings are guaranteed to take a nosedive in the next 3 months.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.