Tuesday, August 21, 2012

10 Ratings Blurbs 8/21/12 Edition

Here's the new week of ratings (and posted before dark too, thank goodness). So click over to Bourgy to see the full list.

1. The Glee Project (821,000 0.3)-This isn’t bad for a finale but it is still well short of the first season finale too. Perhaps it’s encouraging enough for Oxygen but then again this is still one good episode weighed down by a lot of low rated episodes. I would be surprised to hear anything about this show anytime soon.

2. Braxton Family Values (900,000 0.5)- So this show basically picked up right where it left off. Since the show was already renewed for a season 3 these episodes probably don’t mean much other than to deliver them some decent numbers for a couple of months.

3. Mob Wives: Chicago (526,000 0.3)- I don’t really have much to say about this. This show didn’t do much and ended the season as in a whimper. I only see one more rerun on the schedule over the next 3 weeks so that tells you what they are thinking about this show.

4. Bunheads (1.504 million 0.6)- This show recovered a little bit for the end of the first half of its season. Since ABC Family has given this show a second half fans can breathe easy and the wait shouldn’t be very long either since ABC Family is looking at an early 2013 return.

5. Oprah’s Next Chapter (2.454 million 1.1)- If my memory serves correctly this is better than the Kardashians interview but it’s much lower than the Bobbi Kristina interview. While very good for OWN sometimes you think they expect better for these big interviews since these don’t give a boost to their other shows.

6. Real Housewives of New Jersey (2.980 million 1.4)- I’m pretty sure this has to be a season high for this show and it’s not surprising because this show has been on a couple of months at least and that’s what these Real Housewives shows tend to do.

7. R&B Divas (479,000)- I don’t have demo info for this so that’s why it’s not in here (But it’s probably 0.2 or 0.3 anyway. I’m just not going to make a guess which one it is). TVOne claims that this is their highest rated premiere ever and I’m inclined to believe them because it’s not often that I see numbers from this network. I also don’t expect to see more numbers for this show either so I’ll just take this at face-value and say this is good for them (I heard they promoted this show a lot on VH1. Is this true?)

8. Beyond Scared Straight (1.591 million 0.7)- I think these numbers are pretty average for what this show gets and I do believe they are about equal with A&E’s other Monday shows. I don’t recall seeing this show doing substantially better or worse than what this got.

9. Drop Dead Diva (2.542 million 0.8)- There are some people who are worried about this show but I’m not one of them. The past few weeks haven’t been the greatest but I also don’t think Lifetime wants or expects this show to be another anchor for them since they have 2 fairly strong ones already.

10. Masterchef (5.73 million 2.4)- Can Gordon Ramsay fail? They broke this up from Hell’s Kitchen and came off of a 2 week Olympic Hiatus and it is still doing reasonably well. How long into the season will it be before FOX starts praying for a 2.0 average on Tuesday? A month perhaps? November Sweeps?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.