Friday, November 23, 2012

Five For Friday 32


Another Friday where it feels good to be as far from civilization as possible.

1. I’ve gotten more emails from retailers this morning than I have gotten from them in the last 6 months (I hope they know that it’s 28 degrees outside and I’m not going shopping to buy people stuff today…or at any point in this season. I’m giving the same gift that I want from people this year which is nothing).

2. I’m honestly not bothered by there being no more Twinkies. Those things are terrible along with the cupcakes too. The only good thing they had were the donuts and there are better brands of those still around.

3. I’m not upset about the whole Elmo scandal because 1) There will always be someone to replace dude and 2) Internet access does a good enough job of ruining your childhood so that things like these don’t bother you (Like how people always suggest that Bert & Ernie are gay which ever since I saw that I cannot be convinced that it is not true).

4. Random as hell but while we were all worried about Big Bird for the last month who would have thought we should have been paying attention to Elmo?

5. Jesse Jackson Jr’s resignation goes right up there with ‘the sky is blue’, ‘water is wet’ and ‘fire is hot’. My only grievance is I thought he would have waited until January to do it (Good thing I’m not a betting person).


0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.