Wednesday, September 5, 2012

10 Ratings Blurbs 9/5/12 Edition


I actually have a lot to say here today but I also have something to ask. First if you haven’t you can see the full ratings list at Bourgy.

Now for the favor. I am taking suggestions for my Cable Predictions post for Monday. I only have 2 shows at the moment that I know I am writing on and I would rather not have to pick 8 shows out of thin air to write about. So I will take suggestions here and just remember that they have to be currently airing cable shows that haven’t already been renewed or canceled. Also keep in mind that there are certain networks that I don’t see ratings for (Logo and any show not named Braxton Family Values on WE are big culprits). So yes any suggestions I get before Saturday would be a big help and you can leave your suggestions here or basically any post on Bourgy (as long as you call me EA or Matic over there but I’ll still see it).

1. Pretty Little Liars (2.977 million 1.3)- Given how bad the spring and summer has been for ABC Family this is a good thing. Maybe it just barely missed 3 million but does it really matter when this is still the network’s highest rated show?

2. Hollywood Exes (966,000 0.5)- I did see the TMZ story yesterday and though I don’t doubt the validity of it I would still like to see a more official source before I make any changes to any of the posts here.

3. Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta (4.404 million 2.4)- Now VH1 can say that it has been years since they have seen numbers like these. What I don’t understand is why they still feel the need to add. When they were adding those Mob Wives and Basketball Wives numbers those combined numbers weren’t getting what this one episode (or honestly the last 3 for that matter) got (I guess they are still doing it to save face and keep people from getting confused).

4. Switched at Birth (2.248 million 0.9)- If I recall correctly this is up a little bit from the season 1B premiere and since it was Labor Day ABC Family can look at this as a victory. Now the challenge comes in trying not to lose more than 500k viewers next week and going forward.

5. T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle (Premiere 4.146 million 2.2; Episode 2 3.990 million 2.1)- I should be surprised at these numbers and yet I am not. This show has a track record of having ridiculously great retention with a good lead-in. It’s problem is that none of those viewers stay when it doesn’t have a lead-in. It is ironic now that these 2 episodes now make this VH1’s highest rated show of 2012 (It would have to lose just about 1 million viewers over the rest of the season for its average to fall below Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta. I should also note that this is VH1’s highest rated premiere since the Charm School 1 premiere back in 2007…and a fun fact…both shows were produced by 51 Minds. I’ll let you ‘Of Love’ fans mourn on that one).

6. Breaking Bad (2.781 million 1.3)- These are great numbers for this show but it’s really a shame that AMC seems set on airing the final 8 episodes next summer.

7. Big Ang (634,000 0.3)- Unlike Mob Wives: Chicago I don’t think this show is dead. It might not be as safe as it could be but it’s not dead either. VH1 has an extremely scarce bench of shows that air on Sundays and it doesn’t appear that too much of anything works on that night. They have saved worse this year as well.

8. Abby & Brittany (Premiere: 1.731 million 0.7; Episode 2: 1.531 million 0.6)- This looks like another case of TLC being TLC. They had a couple of flops but this plus Here Comes Honey Boo Boo has them right back to where they are used to being.

9. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo (2.992 million 1.3)- My hands were a little tied with picking shows so that’s why this has a spot. I will save any opinions until Monday when I post my Renewal Chances post for September.

10. Dr. Who (UK: 6.38 million 29.3 UK Share; US 1.555 million 0.6)- So I saw that the UK numbers are basically even with the series 6 premiere so that is good. The US numbers are a BBC America series high for the show and that is very good because you must keep in mind that Americans don’t like to watch TV on Saturday and especially not Saturdays that coincide with a holiday weekend.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.