Tuesday, February 26, 2013

10 Ratings Blurbs 2/26/13 Edition


Don't feel like sitting around all night waiting for the numbers of a show that I probably won't have positive words about anyway so I will post what I have an add what I need to in a few hours [Full List Here].

1. Making Mr. Right (193,000 0.1)- Season low for the finale really just puts the nail in the coffin for an already doomed show. Consider it a miracle if VH1 makes any mention (good or bad) of this show in the future.

2. Total Blackout (752,000 0.3)- I don’t know what Syfy is going to do with this show. When they put it on hiatus in November that seemed like a vote of waning confidence for the show. When it came back from the hiatus the ratings got worse. Still while the numbers say that this show probably deserves to be canceled, Syfy is weird with their reality shows so anything could happen.

3. The Americans (1.910 million 0.8)- I’m not surprised that this show got renewed. FX will renew basically everything over a 0.5 demo (and some shows under that depending on how they feel about them). I’m surprised that they did it 4 episodes in. Personally I think they should have waited 2-3 more weeks.

4. The Mindy Project (3.05 million 1.6)- You know FOX is having a horrendous season when this show can essentially be in the same general area as it’s been for 2 months and now have a legitimate shot at getting renewed. At this point FOX is hoping they can drag it across the finish line and try harder next season.

5. Real Husbands of Hollywood (2.052 million 1.1)- Nothing has really changed since my prediction post 2 weeks ago. I still think it’s going to get renewed and I think BET is now more anxious about how their other scripted shows (The Game, Reed Between the Lines and Let’s Stay Together) will perform when they make their season debuts (I’m not sure what to make of Second Generation Wayans ratings. They have roughly the same numbers as Reed Between the Lines and Let’s Stay Together so I suppose it could get another season but it’s not something I’d want to be quoted on).

6. The New Normal (2.80 million 0.9)- NBC’s comedies are basically all looking like the aftermath of a monster truck rally right now. If that analogy were true then this show is probably the car that’s among the worst shape of the lot. Yea it might have The Voice to help it along for the last few weeks but with atrocious numbers like these NBC could always leave the door open to swap in another show they are thinking about saving.

7. Bunheads (1.012 million 0.4)- There's nothing more to say here other than these numbers are expectedly disappointing and it would behoove ABC Family to announce their decision on this show (I'm leaning towards canceled) sooner rather than later.

8. Vanderpump Rules (1.445 million 0.7)- I read today that this is getting a reunion show. I would assume that means Bravo is more than satisfied with this show’s performance and they will probably announce a season 2….eventually (I’m not going to bet on when it happens. They could do it tomorrow or It could be 7-8 months from now).

9. Project Runway (1.617 million 0.5)- I’m not sure I remember the demo for this show ever being this low. I could be wrong but it really does look like this show is wheezing along trying to do its best not to just drop dead before it gets to the end of its multi-season deal (sort of like what MTV was doing with The Real World over the last 4 years).

10. Mob Wives (1.031 million 0.6)- It’s come off the lows from 3 episodes ago and while I thought thought numbers were bad, I also thought that the season average put the show in a good enough place to get another season. Well 3 weeks later the show’s average (while lower) is still in a good enough place to get another season but I think it would be wise if VH1 never orders the Miami and Philadelphia spinoffs to series and they have it in mind to make season 4 the last. I can’t see this show getting strong enough in the future to try to launch a franchise again and be able to live for 2-3 more seasons.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.