Wednesday, February 20, 2013

10 Ratings Blurbs 2/20/13 Edition


It's no secret around these parts that I tend write at least part of my posts in advance. That's exactly what I did yesterday when I wrote about why TLC pulled Starter Wives Confidential (See #1). So it was to my surprise that TMZ actually posted a statement from TLC this morning about why they pulled the show and turns out I was right there. Just like I was right here.

Anyway that's my purpose for at least posting the skeleton draft of this list this morning. It's not complete because I'm missing numbers from 3 shows and still haven't decided on a 4th nor have I added a picture. All will be taken care off sometime throughout the course of the day so it will be complete later this evening.

1. Starter Wives Confidential (421,000 0.2)- This here is the cutthroat behavior of TLC. They do not tolerate flops. They pulled Sin City Rules (which also aired one episode on Tuesday this year) and now this. The ratings for this episode and the one before it (399,000) were horrendous. That is why they yanked this show off the air and any other excuse you hear about why this show got canceled is a lie. This was a decision based on ratings.

2. Ridiculousness (1.745 million 0.9)- I've seen this game before. The show starts off reasonably well and then starts to slide from here. I'm reserving any real judgment until I see some more numbers (sucks that there are 19 more episodes of this to go though).

3. The Sisterhood (Episode 7: 597,000 0.3; Finale: 515,000 0.2)- This show is done for and I’m actually not even all that surprised that TLC decided to wipe their hands clean of their Tuesday lineup at the end of this. They had a plan, they executed the plan, every aspect of the plan failed and now they will never speak of it again.

4. Once Upon A Time (7.61 million 2.4)- This show took quite a big hit last week as well but I didn't say anything thinking it would possibly bounce back. That didn't happen and now the show is going to go on a 2 week break (isn't life grand? :: sarcasm :: )

5. Bad Girls Club: Atlanta (1.181 million 0.6)- This season is not doing well at all. It’s obvious that Oxygen is ready to mail this season in and focus on season 11 but considering that only 6 episodes have aired to this point, it’s too soon to start looking ahead to the future because so far this is trending to be the lowest rated season since season 3.

6. Teen Mom 2 (2.656 million 1.6)- I suppose MTV doesn't look foolish for starting up a new season of this show right after the previous season ended but I am wondering if there is some truth to those final season rumors (none of which have been confirmed by MTV so I guess if the ratings stay hot then they will do another season anyway).

7. Southland (1.161 million 0.4)- This is low and very low for TNT. These numbers need to come up from here or else it will get canceled and this time there won’t be another network coming along to save it.

8. The Vampire Diaries (2.31 million 1.0)- I really don’t know what the hell happened to this show this week but it is definitely surprising that it got beat by Arrow (in total viewers and the demo) and Supernatural (beat in total viewers and tied in the demo). Maybe it’s a fluke and it’s not a bad sign for the show although it is quite surprising.

9. La La’s Full Court Life 3 (Premiere: 1.366 million; Episode 2: 1.246 million)- I am going to need way more evidence than this to convince me that these numbers are disappointing for VH1. While they are under that 1.5 million range that VH1 is happy with for their Monday shows, these numbers are basically in the same ballpark that got this show renewed more than once. (Luckily for me I won't have to wait too long since VH1 is planning on airing 2 episodes per week for the remainder of the season).

10. Cult (940,000 0.3 [preliminary])- I know it's impossible to believe that The CW has standards given how low their ratings are but they do have standards. This here is way too low for a series premiere and although it will likely (no guarantees though especially if the numbers drop) air until May, they know they already have a DOA show on their hands.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.