Tuesday, April 23, 2013

10 Ratings Blurbs 4/23/13 Edition


I have a confession to make. I'm not impressed with Atlanta. I have no desire to go there and my impression of the city is that it is full of people who would be considered lame in the places where they came from [Full List Here].

1. Awkward (Premiere & Episode 2: 2.137 million 0.9)- I was surprised that both episodes got the exact same rating. That’s the only thing to be surprised about with this show because I wasn’t expecting it not to do well. MTV has put this show by itself before.

2. Mob Wives 3 (1.067 million 0.6)- Somewhat disappointing numbers to end a somewhat disappointing season. VH1 knows that Sundays for the rest of the year are going to be immensely painful for them so I wonder what direction they want season 4 to go in. Although weak, this show still pulls far better numbers than everything they try on Sundays.

3. Off Pitch (159,000 0.1)- My goodness this is terrible. I don’t understand why VH1 is determined to make Wednesdays happen. These numbers looked bad when I saw them on Thursday but they look absolutely atrocious after seeing Monday’s numbers.

4. I’m Married to A...(448,000 0.2)- It’s really hard to say something bad about this show when you look at the numbers for Off Pitch. On that same note it’s really hard to say something good about this show when you look at the numbers for Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta. What’s bad is that this was the best it could do with Mob Wives so next week could look pretty bad since it will be all by itself. Too bad there isn’t a better night to move it to but these numbers are already in cancel territory as it is.

5. Don’t Be Tardy (Premiere- 1.157 million 0.5; Episode 2: 1.259 million 0.6)- Considering how The Kandi Factory didn’t improve at all from last week this really isn’t all that bad. I can see this show’s ratings going in either direction to be honest but if anything this is telling Bravo that Kandi’s show is making a strong argument to be canceled.

6. Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta (2.94 million 1.7)- I expected a little tiny bit higher than this. Not that much higher, maybe 150k higher. So this is okay but just think about it; this isn’t that much better than how this last season of the New York version started. It could go up and it could go down. It all depends on how VH1 strategically places the fight episodes (The Gossip Game is a dead show walking though and they must be relieved to have made that move).

7. Married to Medicine (2.284 million 1.1)- I can’t help but think that this show’s ratings are going to take a nosedive next week. Yes this show has had the best retention of any show ever placed behind RHOA but that’s all going away now. While I think this gets a season 2 solely from the strength of the RHOA boosted episodes, Bravo needs to wait before they can call this a hit show.

8. Real Housewives of Atlanta (3.75 million 1.8)- Probably one of the few shows on TV that can pull off having a 3 part reunion where people don’t stop watching the third part. On the list of things Bravo needs to worry about, anything regarding this show is dead last on that list.

9. Southland (1.830 million 0.7)- I wonder if this is a case of too little, too late. Some of their summer shows (ok probably just Franklin & Bash) will almost certainly have similar demo numbers to this so does TNT bid farewell after 5 seasons or do they swallow hard and try to go for one more season?

10. Bad Girls Club: Atlanta (1.168 million 0.6)- I’m aware the finale of this show is tonight but whatever that plus the 3 reunions get will not be enough to boost the season average for this show. it is guaranteed to be the lowest rated Bad Girls Club season since season 3. I don’t see why I have to wait 4 more weeks to say that (4 weeks because they are throwing in another clip show somewhere in the mix, perhaps next week but I’m not sure).





0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.