Thursday, October 10, 2013

10 Cable Show Renewal Chances: 18 Month Review


I’ve been at this for about 18 months now. I did a post very similar to this one a year ago but because it had only been 6 months at the time I just did a straight list without tallying how many predictions I actually got right or wrong. Since there aren’t 10 shows that I can get to make predictions on this month (A horrible combination of shows with spotted ratings info and too many brand new shows made this possible) I’m just going to do another list of the shows I did my predictions on in the last 12 months and see where I’m at with how I’ve been doing.

As with the post from last year, I’m going to try my best to update it as the decisions still come in but this time I’m going to color all the decided shows by my decisions. Blue shows are correct predictions, red shows are incorrect predictions and yellow shows are shows that I had as tossups. To make it easier to understand I’ll say that for the purposes of my posts 0-45% means I predicted cancellation, 55-100% means I predicted renewal and 50% shows are tossups so I’m not going to count those towards my correct total (that would just be a cop out now wouldn’t it?). Also if I redid a prediction I’m going by the second one instead of the first.

I will also use this post to make note of unofficial updates that I’ve seen on some of these shows. I’ll change their status when everything is 100% official. I’m also only distinguishing seasons if I did the same show at least twice in the last year or I didn't do a prediction for the most recent season. Otherwise assume that the predictions were for the previous season of the show and not the current one (unless I did the prediction for that show last month).

Renewed

Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition (Lifetime) 
American Horror Story (FX) 
Amish Mafia (Discovery) (Updated 2/24/14)
Archer (FX)
Awkward (MTV) 
Bad Girls All Star Battle (Oxygen) (Updated 11/1/13)
Basketball Wives: LA (VH1) (Updated 1/10/14)
Being Human (Syfy)
Below Deck (Bravo)
Black Ink Crew (VH1)
Breaking Amish (TLC) (Season 1)
Breaking Amish: Brave New World (TLC) (Updated 2/24/14) [Will return under the name Breaking Amish: Return to Amish for a 6 episode season with the same cast]
Catfish: The TV Show (MTV) (Season 1) 
Catfish: The TV Show (MTV) (Season 2) (Updated 10/25/13)
Chrissy & Mr. Jones (VH1)
Couples Therapy (VH1) (Season 2) 
Couples Therapy (VH1) (Season 3) (Updated 11/12/13)
Dallas (TNT) 
Don’t Be Tardy (Bravo) (Updated 4/8/14)
Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime) (Updated 10/25/13)
Duck Dynasty (A&E) (Season 2)
Flipping Out (Bravo)
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo (TLC)  (Extra season 2 episodes)
Hit The Floor (VH1) 
Hollywood Exes (VH1) (Updated 1/29/14)
Justified (FX)
La La’s Full Court Life (VH1)
Long Island Medium (TLC)
Love & Hip Hop (VH1) 
Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta (Updated 1/10/14)
Major Crimes (TNT) 
Married to Medicine (Bravo) (Updated 2/24/14)
Marrying The Game (VH1) (Season 1) 
Marrying The Game (VH1) (Season 2) (Updated 4/29/14)
Mob Wives (VH1) (Updated 11/7/13)
Newlyweds: The First Year (Bravo)
Project Runway: All Stars (Lifetime)
Real Housewives of Miami (Bravo) 
Real Housewives of New Jersey (Bravo) (Updated 4/8/14)
Real Housewives of NYC (Bravo) 
Real Housewives of Orange County (Bravo) (Updated 3/11/14)
Real Husbands of Hollywood (BET)
Ridiculousness (MTV)
Sons of Anarchy (FX)
Snooki & JWOWW (MTV)
Teen Mom 2 (Season 3)
The Bridge (FX) 
The Challenge (MTV) (Updated 12/6/13; Renewed on 10/1/13)
The Face (Oxygen)
The Fosters (ABC Family)  (Extra season 1 episodes; Renewed for season 2 on 10/11/13)
The Newsroom (HBO)
The Walking Dead (AMC)
T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle (VH1) (Season 2)
T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle (VH1) (Season 3) (Updated 3/12/14)
Total Divas (E!)  (Extra season 1 episodes; Renewed for season 2 on 11/25/13)
True Blood (HBO)
Twisted (ABC Family)  (Extra season 1 episodes)
Vanderpump Rules (Bravo)

Canceled

America’s Supernanny (Lifetime) (Updated 8/5/14)
Alphas (Syfy)
Buckwild (MTV) (This is blue because I had predicted it to get renewed based on ratings and MTV had formally renewed the show before being forced to cancel it for outside factors)
Bunheads (ABC Family) 
Chasing The Saturdays (E!) (Updated/4/29/14)
Double Divas (Lifetime) (Updated 11/3/14)
Find Me My Man (Oxygen) (Updated 8/5/14)
Ice Loves Coco (E!)
I’m Having Their Baby (Oxygen) (Updated 11/3/14)
I’m Married To A... (VH1) (Updated 8/5/14)
Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis (Bravo) (Updated 11/3/14)
Keyshia & Daniel: Family First (BET) (Updated 12/31/13)
King & Maxwell (TNT) 
Kourtney & Kim Take New York (E!) (Updated 4/29/14)
Life After Top Chef (Bravo) (Updated 12/31/13)
Low Winter Sun (AMC) (Updated 12/6/13)
Making Mr. Right (VH1) (Updated 4/2/14)
Monday Mornings (TNT) 
Off Pitch (VH1) (Updated 5/31/14)
Princesses: Long Island (Bravo) (Updated 10/1/14)
Rehab With Dr. Drew (VH1) (Updated 12/31/13)
Starter Wives Confidential (TLC) 
Start-Ups: Silicon Valley (Bravo) (Updated 2/1/14)
Stevie TV (VH1) (Updated 2/28/14)
Tabitha Takes Over (Bravo) (Updated 8/5/14)
The Client List (Lifetime) (Updated 11/1/13)
The Houstons: On Our Own (Lifetime) (Updated 12/31/13)
The Kandi Factory (Bravo) (Updated 5/31/14)
The Show with Vinny (MTV) (Updated 10/1/14)
The Sisterhood (TLC) 
The Vineyard (ABC Family) (Updated 11/3/14)
The Wanted Life (E!) (Updated 10/1/14)
The Wedding Band (TBS) 
Totally T-Boz (TLC) (Updated 2/1/14)
Underemployed (MTV) (Updated 2/1/14)
What Would Ryan Lochte DO? (E!)
Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous (MTV)

To Be Determined

Basketball Wives (VH1) (Update 11/3/14: I've seen 2 conflicting yet unofficial reports about this show. One report has the show as canceled and one has it as renewed. I'm not sure which one is accurate but I'm going to wait another 3 months to see how this sorts out. If nothing comes from VH1 by the end of January I'm going to believe this particular show is canceled.)
Breaking Amish: LA (TLC)

Tally

Correct- 73
Incorrect- 9
Tossup-12
To Be Determined- 2

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.