Wednesday, September 4, 2013

10 Ratings Blurbs 9/4/13 Edition


Well at least I feel reasonably organized with this post considering that today is Wednesday and there is a lot of room for confusion and error for me. It helps to write down things. Without that I doubt I would remember too much of anything anymore.

1. Basketball Wives (1.717 million 0.9)- It looks a little pitiful when this show is getting beat out by Family Hustle already but perhaps that may just be a blip on the radar because football starts next week (This can also lead to even more depressed ratings across the board for VH1 but other than next week, the 8pm show is mostly impervious to it).

2. Pretty Little Liars (3.325 million 1.4)- Another finale, another big reveal to try to lure some old fans back in. This is the formula they are sticking with so don’t be upset when this show comes back next year (Yes I know there’s still the Halloween special left to air but the season is basically done) and they jerk the fans along for another 15+ filler episodes.

3. La La’s Full Court Life 4 (Episode 7: 648,000 0.3; Finale: 678,000 0.4)- I'm at a loss for words here but not because I think these ratings are atrocious. They aren't great, but they aren't anything that makes me think this show has fallen grossly short either. I guess the only thing to do now is to wait and see how Miami Monkey fares because if that flops then basically this show would become a frontrunner in getting renewed (My take is that it is in contention now because it did better than Hollywood Exes).

4. Bad Girls Club: Miami (1.091 million 0.5)- I won’t know how last night’s episode did until tomorrow but this has to be a worrying trend and the events from last night’s episode really won’t help things all too much. This show is getting weaker by the day and Oxygen needs to try to rectify some of their mistakes so that they can buy some more time because as it stands they still don’t have another proven hit show they can depend on.

5. Tough Love (327,000 0.2)- I don’t need to look in my archives to know that this is a series low for the show because it just is. These numbers are atrocious and no doubt VH1 is a little embarrassed. I think they were looking for these numbers to at least be in the Couples Therapy range so to come in below that is a pretty severe blow to them and this show. The numbers need to improve quickly.

6. Real Housewives of New Jersey (1.826 million 0.8)- Labor Day weekend probably depressed the numbers a little bit but these numbers are not all that promising to be this late in the season. I think Bravo might be a little worried that the finale and the reunion shows may not see much of a bump.

7. Keeping Up With the Kardashians (2.316 million 1.2)- I saw this was advertised as a finale of some sorts (I now see that it is a summer finale because the season still has 4 episodes left to air). I don’t know how true that is but if it is a finale then this is a supremely weak showing for a finale. This didn’t gain any kind of traction over previous weeks but whatever because I’m honestly tired of this family and they can all go away.

8. Miss U Much (209,000 0.1)- This show wasn’t much to write home about and I guess now it’s going to go in the pile for VH1 to mull over. Since they are bringing back Best Week Ever it wouldn’t be smart to declare this show dead but I wouldn’t expect a decision in the near future either.

9. Breaking Bad (4.413 million 1.2)- The numbers took a small step back for the halfway point but now there are 4 episodes left to go. I can see the numbers climbing little by little from here but there probably won’t be a sizeable jump of sorts until the finale.

10. Real Housewives of Miami (1.018 million 0.4)- This could have looked a whole lot worse than it actually is. It held on to a good portion of the audience from the Tamra wedding special but that too will be finished in another 2 weeks and then it will have to show that the people who are watching now will at least stay around going forward.


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.