Tuesday, September 10, 2013

10 Ratings Blurbs 9/10/13 Edition


Third post for me today. Too bad it might not be the final one because I still have that Bad Girls Club recap to write.

1. Anger Management (806,000 0.3)- Don’t quote me on this but I think this show is about to go on hiatus really soon because they are running out of new episodes to air. I believe they still have the last 50 or so episodes left to film which is a lot but that is the hole FX dug themselves into.

2. Miami Monkey (636,000 0.3)- Let me refresh your memories. Last year Big Ang’s show premiered with 670,000 viewers. Supposedly that and the numbers that followed afterwards were enough to make VH1 retool and reboot the show (they do not consider this a renamed season 2) and for all that effort they pretty much ended up right back where they started from last year. You know I’m going to watch and see how this plays out going forward because my feelings about this should be clear.

3. The Game (3.772 million 1.9)- Instead of commenting about how I’m not surprised I’ll tell you something that will surprise me. What will surprise me is if any CW show matches these numbers this season.

4. Tamar & Vince (918,000 0.5)- This is about even with what how last season started but I’m also aware that there was a period of time where the ratings slipped and didn’t register at all. Hopefully that doesn’t happen this season because I can’t offer much of an opinion with not much information to look over.

5. Breaking Bad (5.110 million 2.6)- Looks like I was right last week when I said that this show might start inching up the closer it gets to the finale.

6. R&B Divas: LA (689,000 0.4)- Yea Just know that networks like to prove that they know how to use calculators when writing their press releases. When they are generally vague with hard numbers that usually means that they know the numbers are low enough to make it looks like they are overreacting when they make it known that they are happy with them.

7. 16 & Pregnant: Where Are They Now (603,000 0.3)- Well these numbers pretty much speak for themselves. Supposedly this was part 4 and this had to be the highest rated one because I don’t recall seeing the numbers for the other 3 parts of this.

8. The Haves and the Have Nots (2.606 million 0.8)- So the groundwork here is set. The only thing left to prove now is if Tyler Perry’s other shows can keep up the ratings momentum that OWN has seen all summer long.

9. Wilfred (443,000 0.2)- I look at these numbers and I really can’t see this show returning to FX. Moving it to FXX is a completely different story and I don’t know if they will consider that but they took a long time making a call on this last season and last season had better numbers.

10. Tough Love: Co-Ed (486,000 0.3)- I backed myself into a corner this week having had to post my predictions post today as well so I’ll just say that this is much better than last week but still not where it needs to be. It needs to add another 150-200k viewers to this to be in a safer position.


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.