Tuesday, July 30, 2013

10 Ratings Blurbs 7/30/13 Edition


I was waiting for another show to put in here but 9 hours is a petty long time to wait and what I had to say for that one little show wasn't all that important (plus I think the finale for said show is coming up soon anyway).

1. La La’s Full Court Life 4 (1.069 million 0.5)- Like last season I can’t help but think that this show is really just being used as an experiment and that the ratings almost don’t matter. Unlike last season, the ratings actually look to be trending upwards and they are now not far off from season 3 levels which means the show so far is making a very solid case for a fifth season especially if that next season keeps it away from Mondays.

2. Hit the Floor (2.623 million 1.4)- 2 weeks ago I was wondering if this show was ever going to break through that 2.2 million ceiling and it did. Perhaps this could have done a tiny bit better but what it has done shouldn’t be diminished because nobody knows how long this show will be gone for (yes 2014 is a given but it could be May or it could get the Single Ladies treatment).

3. Switched at Birth (1.758 million 0.7)- I was getting worried about not having all that many shows to talk about but the last minute flurry of renewals makes things so much better. This show getting renewed really shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. ABC Family made their major decisions already.

4. Under the Dome (11.41 million 2.8)- It was pretty obvious after week 3 that when the true decline never came that CBS had a legitimate hit summer show. Of course with the renewal this only means that they are probably going to come a little harder next season with scripted shows and probably stop relying on the strength of their reruns to carry them through the summer.

5. Dexter (2.550 million 1.2)- I remember a time when this show just getting 2.5 million was a massive success for this show and the network. No doubt about it that Showtime is going to miss this when it’s over but they do have very promising shows in Shameless, Ray Donovan and Homeland that can possibly step up and be the new #1 show if the network.

6. Bad Girls All Star Battle (1.246 million 0.6)- This show really had one job and one job only which was to give Oxygen some hope. It went above and beyond that. I hear it’s been renewed for 2 seasons but I’ve yet to see any solid proof of that so for formal reasons it will be undecided on my scorecard post tomorrow but I have no doubts about it coming back.

7. Wilfred (542,000 0.3)- I can’t say I really have all that much to say about this show other than the fact that it’s beginning to fall into that familiar pattern again and I don’t think anyone is all that surprised or beginning to bite their nails over what may be about to happen. I'm beginning to think that there may not be a scenario in which this show returns to FX (there may be hope for the show to go to the new FXX network but they might want to see how the exiled comedies do there first).

8. Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta (4.146 million 2.3)- I don’t have anything to say about the numbers because they are good and I expected them to be good. My thought here is that it looks like a scenario is setting up (similar to last season) where one or both parts of the reunion show will also be over 4 million viewers and the show behind it (2 shows this time and one is Family Hustle which tends to have excellent retention) should see a boost so large that it would take an epic collapse or an event not tied to ratings to cause the show not to coast to an additional season.

9. Hell’s Kitchen (8pm: 5.29 million 2.1; Finale: 5.63 million 2.3)- The only thing I’m surprised about is that I feel like this ended early. Then I remembered that this is only ended early because FOX gave this an early, in-season start because they were completely out of options and had run through their reruns to the point where they weren’t getting to be all that useful so good on this show for holding up and I’m sure FOX will be expecting more of the same next summer.

10. Pretty Little Liars (2.856 million 1.3)- Something must have actually happened on this show because this is a pretty big jump compared to where it has been. I guess the writers decided that they needed an action episode to balance out all of those filler episodes.


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.