Tuesday, December 22, 2015

10 Ratings Blurbs: 12/22/15 Edition


I don't think I will do a post next week. There won't be enough shows to be worth the effort. I'll see what happens in 2 weeks but no promises there.

1. The Voice (12.69 million 2.9)- This show has been showing the wear and tear for a couple seasons now but it is still a very critical piece in NBC’s schedule. Without it, they would still be where they were in 2009-2010. We know this will be back in a couple of months and the ratings may not be much to gush over. However, it will still be NBC’s highest rated non-sports show and that’s all that matters.

2. Real Housewives of Atlanta (2.863 million 1.4)- These continue to be good numbers but Bravo better thank their lucky stars that they give this show a long season every year because they need to do better with using this show to launch new shows. Clearly they haven’t gotten the message that people who watch this show are a highly specific demographic and they want to see shows that mimic the reasons why they watch this show.

3. Homeland (2.073 million 0.7)- When Dexter ended, I was wondering if this show would ever be able to do that show justice in terms of ratings. How hear me out, this isn’t on Dexter’s level yet (the peak I mean) but it is turning out to be a very good replacement. Showtime should be proud that they were able to end 2015 with 1 show crossing that 2 million viewer threshold. Hopefully, they can continue that next year. The only tragedy is that they will have to wait until next fall to try to do it.

4. Keeping Up with the Kardashians (1.893 million 0.9)- I’ve never watched this show. I have no desire to ever watch this show and I hope that I’m never put in a position where I will end up watching this show but I will say the ratings are decent this year. It is at least managing to give The Royals numbers tha they don’t have to be 100% ashamed of.

5. Being Mary Jane (1.663 million 0.7)- This show has had some good weeks and I has had a couple of rocky weeks but overall, this show managed to put up a good season. I think it deserves a fourth season. It is their highest rated show but given their history, that’s not saying much.

6. Black Ink Crew: Chicago (1.652 million 0.9)- I don’t know how many episodes are left in the season but I’m certain it’s less than 4. What I do know is that these numbers are okay. What I don’t know is if okay numbers are good enough to secure a spot to return next season (I’m talking about on Mondays because if this show aired on another night or I felt like VH1 was seriously considering a move to another night then the numbers are great and the show would be renewed with no hesitation). In the context of this being and remaining a Monday show, you will find no other show this year on VH1 that is the true definition of a bubble show.

7. Project Runway Junior (1.254 million 0.4)- I was a little worried about this show when it first started. I’m still a little worried but this show is proving that there’s a little bit of an audience here. The show is still suffering from that old demo skew but the total viewers are decent for Lifetime. I haven’t checked any schedules yet but I’m assuming that this is taking at least one (maybe both) of the next two Thursdays off.

8. 2 Broke Girls (6.92 million 1.6)- I’m only going to direct you to see my comment on the next show on the list but I’ll only add that I believe this would be one of the safe shows no matter what happens.

9. Elementary (5.92 million 1.0)- My take on the first leg of the broadcast season so far is that CBS is the mess that nobody is talking about. The rest of the season will continue to be that way because they have the Super Bowl this year and those ratings will keep the network’s average in positive territory. This show is not the only problem that CBS has. They have no freshman hit dramas in a year where they had 2 freshman dramas with decent starts. They have a ton of veterans with at least 5 seasons under their belt and they don’t have a plethora of hit comedies that can patch holes because they just so happen to have an open hour of programming. I have no idea what any of that means for this show. They could cancel almost everything or they could keep nearly everything and none of that would surprise me.

10. Selling It: In the ATL (431,000 0.2)- This was a very short season but 6 episodes is enough time to see what you have with a show. In my opinion, this is not a show that deserves a second season. The ratings have been better over the last couple of weeks but WE doesn’t have very many hit shows and they can’t waste the few hit shows they have trying to drag along shows that can’t carry their own weight. There are several new shows coming up for this network next year. Maybe a couple of them stick and maybe a couple of them bomb. It is the nature of television.

--------------------------------------

Broadcast Shows:

The Voice (Finale)- 12.69 million (2.9)

The Voice (Clip Show)- 8.47 million (1.8)

2 Broke Girls- 6.92 million (1.6)

Elementary- 5.92 million (1.0)

MasterChef Junior- 3.97 million (1.1)

Nashville (Special)- 2.52 million (0.4)

Cable Shows:

Real Housewives of Atlanta- 2.863 million (1.4)

Love & Hip Hop 6- 2.285 million (1.3)

Homeland (Finale)- 2.073 million (0.7)

Keeping Up with the Kardashians- 1.893 million (0.9)

American Horror Story: Hotel- 1.846 million (0.9)

Being Mary Jane (Finale)- 1.663 million (0.7)

Black Ink Crew: Chicago- 1.652 million (0.9)

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills- 1.529 million (0.6)

Vanderpump Rules- 1.268 million (0.6)

Project Runway Junior- 1.254 million (0.4)

Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars- 716,000 (0.3)

The Challenge: Battle of the Bloodlines- 679,000 (0.4)

Tamar & Vince- 684,000 (0.3)

Ridiculousness- 592,000 (0.3)

Selling It: In the ATL (Finale)- 431,000 (0.2)

Vanderpump Rules (Aftershow)- 408,000 (0.2)

The Challenge: Battle of the Bloodlines (Special)- 311,000 (0.2)

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.