Tuesday, August 27, 2013

10 Ratings Blurbs 8/27/13 Edition


Pretty much a quiet week with not very many premieres or finales and practially no ratings surprises to talk about.

1. 2013 MTV VMA Awards (10.066 million 5.2)- I guess this tells MTV that Sunday is the only night where this works. Now it’s up to them to decide if next year should be more conservative than this year. Whether that happens remains to be seen but either way It’s not going to make me start watching.

2. Longmire (4.419 million 0.9)- This is still one of the oldest skewing shows on TV but it still delivers so we’ll just be looking at these numbers for yet another year.

3. Project Runway (2.245 million 0.7)- It looks like this show is slowly creeping back into acceptable territory. The ratings probably won’t fluctuate all that much from here but some weeks will still look better than other weeks.

4. Couples Therapy 3 (657,000 0.3)- So this season finished with higher ratings than the first 2 seasons. I didn’t make a prediction because I don’t like how close all 3 seasons have aired but I suppose as long as they find people to do the show then they will keep doing it because it’s not like they have much else outside of Mondays going for them.

5. Marrying The Game 2 (1.854 million 0.9)- 4 weeks ago I said that this show was going to experience a drop in ratings and then use the rest of the season to skate on the strength of the first 2 weeks. It still looks like I’m going to be proven right about that.

6. Teen Mom 3 (Premiere: 1.810 million 1.1, Episode 2; 1.554 million 1.0)- This is low for Teen Mom but this is what MTV gets for pushing this show back so long. Clearly they weren’t happy with the result and now they better hope that fans don’t end up feeling the same.

7. The Haves and the Have Nots (2.058 million 0.6)- I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this show recently. Truth be told after I post this list I pretty much forget about what shows I picked or what I wrote. Getting back to the subject at hand, it really looks like Tyler Perry saved OWN because that’s all people are here for now (Everything else gets the same numbers they have been getting and Iyanla only gets good ratings when the focus on her show is a celebrity).

8. Real Housewives of Orange County (2.309 million 1.0)- I have a hard time saying something about these numbers. They are good. They are everything that Bravo was expecting and now there is a highly likely 9th season to look forward to.

9. The Game (2.212 million 1.1)- I forget about this show at times mostly because the ratings honestly don’t change all that much from week to week. What can’t be lost on this show is that it still does better now than it did during its final days on The CW.

10. T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle 2 (1.955 million 1.0)- I can see this show topping Basketball Wives ever so slightly in the near future. It could even be next week. It has bested its lead-in before and I have reason to believe that it can happen again.


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.