Tuesday, July 21, 2015

10 Ratings Blurbs: 7/21/15 Edition


There is no real theme to this week's post. None at all. Just 10 random shows mostly here to fill space because there was only 1 premiere and no finales last week.

1. Return to Amish (1.796 million 0.5)- I don’t know if something actually happened on the show or the last several weeks were one cruel anomaly. I have no way of explaining what the cause of the lower ratings were but I know these are the numbers I’ve grown used to seeing when it comes to this particular show.

2. Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars (792,000 0.4)- I’ve heard some rumors that this has already been renewed for yet another reality stars season. If the rumor is true, I’m not surprised. These ratings are better than last season (but still not as good as the first). I think that if the rumor is indeed true then hopefully the show isn’t back before January because airing 3 full seasons of this show in one calendar year is overkill.

3. Basketball Wives LA (1.113 million 0.5)- I expected the ratings to fall but I didn’t expect them to fall that much. I’m not sure if the Love & Hip Hop help is the reason or that folks were unaware that this was not going to be a 9pm show (it aired at 9 last week but its permanent spot is 8pm). Something caused those ratings to tumble and now we just have to see if they recover (But keep in mind going forward that if the numbers stay here, this show would have lower ratings than all of the Monday shows but higher ratings than all of the Wednesday shows).

4. Beauty and the Beast (1.00 million 0.3)- Well the positive thing here is that these ratings are up (in total viewers) over the last few weeks and that that 0.3 demo has been very steady all season. That’s about it because that’s the kind of Kool-Aid The CW will need to drink for the rest of this season and next season.

5. Masterchef (4.86 million 1.5)- These are good numbers for the show. That’s basically all I’m going to say here because this is a space filler show this week (this week was extremely light on premieres and finales and I didn’t want to load up on week 2 shows that crashed).

6. Pretty Little Liars (1.704 million 0.8)- See below (No seriously. See #7 because that will tell you everything you need to know here).

7. Braxton Family Values (1.260 million 0.6)- There’s a reason why I don’t include this show in a lot of my lists. This show basically falls into that category with Pretty Little Liars where not only is it the highest rated show for the network it airs on, the ratings are often steady as a rock and there’s nothing new to say about it.

8. Sisterhood of Hip Hop (253,000 0.2)- I know this show isn’t doing as well as season 1 (but I’m not sure how much worse this is doing compared to last season). What I’m also not sure about is this show’s chances for renewal. These numbers on most networks would spell cancellation. Even 6 months ago, these numbers on Oxygen would spell certain cancellation but with the renewal of The Prancing Elites Project, a show with very similar ratings to these, you just can’t say that this is a dead show walking with any amount of confidence.

9. Hollywood Divas (445,000 0.2)- Since I now have a decent recollection of season 1 numbers for this show I can say that this is a good premiere. I doubt the numbers will stay this high as the season wears on. I won’t be surprised if half of these viewers stick around for week 2 and beyond.

10. Mother Funders (561,000 0.2)- Bravo airs a lot of shows throughout the course of a year and as a result, they renew a lot of shows too. Not all of their shows manage to find an audience and this is one of those shows. The ratings this season have been well below where Bravo has shown they are comfortable with renewing (Basically 700k is the cutoff point especially if the show doesn’t have a Real Housewives lead-in) and with this show not having a free pass (either being scripted, a Real Housewives series or spinoff or having a Real Housewives lead-in). This show is quite vulnerable and is shaping up to be one of those unspoken casualties.


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.